07 June 2013

Favorites: May 2013


It's that time again! After a rather hellish day at work (do not get me started, trying to do the om thing and calm myself still), I mentioned previously that I skipped April Favorite because I only had two, and I didn't feel as if that was enough to do an April Favorites.

This time, I actually have more <cue cackling>, plus a non-beauty favorite :O! What could it be?!


Urban Decay Glinda Eyeshadow Palette
Graceful, fearless and bewitchingly beautiful, Glinda is the kind of witch we aspire to be. Inspired by the "good witch" from the upcoming movie OZ: The Great and Powerful, this palette includes shadow colors, eye pencil color and lip color - in short everything you need to create Glinda's spellbinding look, along with countless other looks.
This is THE palette that I have been primarily using through the month of April and May. I've also used it quite a few times in pictorials. I didn't a review on it because I figured everyone has seen it, and probably is tired of the views. But if anyone would like to see a review on here for it, please let me know! I'd be more than happy to do so. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar
This waterproof eye pencil delivers smooth, creamy, long-lasting color that glides onto skin without skipping or tugging.
Rockstar came with the Glinda palette, and I have to say I love using this eye liner for smudging and lining my water line more so than black eyeliner. Because it's a eggplant color (deep wine/purple) it tends to make my green eyes pop more than with regular black eyeliner.

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Glinda
Rich and creamy lipstick with insane amounts of high-gloss shine—all captured in one chubby pencil.
As the color suggests, this was the High Gloss that came with the Glinda Palette, and it is/was exclusive to it as well. Because it's such a neutral color, I love wearing it when I have a smokey eye going on.

Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation in Fair [review]
Glides on weightlessly for sheer-to-medium coverage that’s never heavy, chalky, or dull. Evens out flaws with a silky, semi-matte finish that let’s your skin’s natural luminescence shine through. Contains SPF 15 for the ultimate in anti-aging treatment.
Yes, this is the only foundation that I have been using during the month of May! Actually the one in the photo is nearly finished as well, I ended up getting a back-up once I'm done.

NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Pie [review]
Add a little more sweetness to your lips with a touch of the Butter Lip Gloss available in 12 scrumptious colors! Get creamy sheer to medium coverage on your lips without that sticky sensation. It’s perfect for every sweet tooth!
Yes, this was in a favorites before and I still love it! For me it's the perfect red that actually works well with my skintone without being over the top.

Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush in Rose [review]
Irresistibly Sexy Blushing Glow: Wear this perfect blend of shimmery blushing tones like lingerie for your face for an instant sexy boost with an alluring blushing glow.
Sexy Boosting Formula: infused with the scent of warm vanilla, "afterglow" illumination and pheromone-mimicking ingredients including clinically tested Androstadienone, Cocoa Extract (aka "the Love Chemical") and ancient aphrodisiac Horny Goatweed to enhance your sexy side.
Besides using a tint a tiny handful of times, this is mainly the only blush I have been using during the month of May, which is odd because I do have other blushes! But I absolutely love this one, not to mention the scent!

Studio Gear Cosmetics Impactfull Pro T.L.S. Mascara [review]
Studio tested, high impact Pro T.L.S. Mascara by Studio Gear THICKENS, LENGTHENS and SEPARATES the lashes, delivering maximum fullness and flare.
I definitely LOVE this mascara. I'm actually not sure, but I think I'm nearly running on E :( I've been using it sparingly since, but I'm honestly gearing up to just purchasing the full size. Although I am leery of that for reasons.


Orly Nail Lacquer in Mayhem Mentality
Take risks. Rock opposites. Start a riot with envy-inciting style. Now is the time to blur the line between energetic and outrageous - with Mash Up, the Summer 2013 collection from ORLY.
Although the formula for Orly polishes do not like my nails (instant chipping), I absolutely ADORE this color. It's like a neon-tangerine color. This was actually my polish to transition from springy colors to hot weather colors. Which certain, nameless folk at work do not like.


Non-Beauty Favorite... Drum Roll

Courtesy of Google
The Hobbit!

Yes, even though I started watching it late May, I have been kicking myself for not watching it sooner. I adored the Lord of the Rings movies, books as well as The Hobbit, but I didn't see the film adaption in the theater when it was released. Definitely something odd for me being I saw Fellowship of the Ring 15 times in theater (I'm quite serious, I have the stubs to prove it! I even dressed up as an elf for The Two Towers :O). And right now, like many of the fans, I'm eagerly awaiting the trailer for Desolation of Smaug! AH! Such a long wait!

Have any May Favorites of your own?
Definitely feel free to share, if you have a blog or even a YouTube, feel free to link to the post/video in the comments, I'll check them out!

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...