07 April 2013

Tutorial: Iron Man Mark 1 Inspired Eye Make-up

 


Raise your hand if you knew this was coming! No? Darn. Well, if you know me, then you'll know I'm a massive fan of Iron Man. Comics, cartoon, anime, movies.

Anytime I went to the movies for either the first, second or even the Avengers movie, I've always done my makeup and nails up. Hope I'm not the only one out there that does this haha.

Now that I have the blog, I figured with Iron Man 3 set to come out May 3rd (27 days!), I'm going to give a shot at doing a series that's been inspired by the suits of armor. 

So to kick off the series (should there be a name for it?), I'm starting with the Mark 1. This suit of armor is the bulk armor that Tony builds in a cave during the first movie. It's very grunge-y, steel and metal. 

Photo courtesy of Google
Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a bunch of scraps! 
 
 
First off, bare eye. Then I used Milani Eyeshadow Primer all over the lid.

Then, taking the White with blue shift of Aura from the Urban Decay Glinda palette, I applied that to the inner corner. With that blue hue to it, I figured it would serve the purpose of representing the arc reactor's glow.

Next, I decide to give a cut crease a try. First time doing this. I used E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow in Dusk, which is a charcoal grey with shimmer, to map out the crease.


Then I went over Dusk, with MAC's Carbon, a matte black. More or less concentrated it on the outer V.

After that I began to do the fill in. I started off with the silver side of OZ from the Glinda palette, placing it next to Aura. I stopped OZ at the center of the lid.

Next to OZ, and for the rest of the fill in I used MAC's Melt My Heart.

I then took Dusk again and started to blend it into Melt My Heart, to deepen it a bit more so it wasn't a stark silver. I also went over the cut crease again with Carbon to reemphasize it again.

Next comes eyeliner. I used my Elite Models Intensity Eyeliner in Secret Grey and smudged it into my upper lash line and waterline. Optional, black eyeliner instead. Also optional, liquid liner. I'm still trying to get the hang of liquid eyeliner via the felt tip pens I have, hence why I haven't done it.

Finally, used my E.L.F. Volume Plumping Mascara, two coats. I also placed it on my lower lashes as well.








Products Used:
  • Milani Eyeshadow Primer
  • Aura from the Urban Decay Glinda Palette
  • OZ from the Urban Decay Glinda Palette
  • E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow in Dusk
  • Carbon from MAC
  • Melt My Heart from MAC (LE I believe)
  • Elite Models Intensity Eyeliner in Secret Grey
  • E.L.F. Volume Plumping Mascara

2 comments:

  1. Love this, bb! I can't wait for the next one. x

    PS. Tony Stark approves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a hug Iron Man fan too!! I can't wait for the new film.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...