18 March 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color Box Set

Disclosure: Products mentioned in this review were purchased by myself. See disclosure page for further details.

On Wednesday I had ventured to Walgreens after work, first thing I spotted was a display for a box set of Fergie mini polishes for $4.99. The display had two different box sets, I can't recall what the other one was, but it had Fergalicious in it. And I'm going to make an assumption here that this box set I purchased is called The Flossy Flossy, I could be wrong though. Just going by what's on the box.

So, lets get started!


Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Front of the Box
The box is pretty self explanatory, so I'm not going to get into that. However, the front is a flap cover. If you lift it up, it gives you 4 tips to achieve 4 different looks using the 6 polishes you get in the box. Comment below if you want to see the four looks, I'll make my attempt to recreate them.
Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color Box Set
Back of the Box
Back of the box gives a little description, plus the ingredients. Top right corner is actually one of the four looks you can recreate with the polishes.

You get a total of 6 polishes from Wet n Wild's Fergie collection, 3 top polishes or what I like to call overlays, and 3 opaque colors.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
(L-R) Kaleidoscope Eyes, Glamorous, New Years Kiss
Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
(L-R) Blue Eyed Soul, Glowstick, Gold Album
 It should be noted that each one of these is only 0.17fl. oz./5ml. They are tiny! Size comparison below.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Kaleidoscope Eyes next to No Place Like Home
Now lets get on with the actual polishes you get! I'm just going to say right now, trying to hold these little polish bottles, not easy! So expect awkward hand-bottle coordination here!

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Gold Album
Gold Album. I have several gold polishes already, but I have to say, this one quite possibly leans more to the yellow-gold. It is a shimmer and after two coats, it's fully opaque. No application issues, or formula issues with this one! Absolutely love it.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Blue Eyed Soul
Blue Eyed Soul, this one is another shimmer. A royal blue shimmer. In the bottle, I'd say there are flecks of silver mixed it, but it doesn't translate onto the nail itself. No issues with the formula or application. Two coats and it was fully opaque.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Glowstick
Glowstick, the reason why I purchased the box set. This is a NEON green with a yellow/gold sheen to it. It's like highlighter green neon. I love it. Anything this bright gets a massive thumbs up in my book. Applying it though, I had some issues as it's much more sheer than the other two. This one also dries down to a semi-matte finish (I think this is common for most neon polishes, or at least what I've encountered). Four coats were used to get it fully opaque. Overall though, this is my absolute favorite.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
New Years Kiss over Gold Album
Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Close up - New Years Kiss over Gold Album
New Years Kiss is one of the three overlay polishes. The base of it is clear, with silver micro glitter,  holographic bars and micro blue bars. It of course goes on sheer. I most likely should have used this one over Blue Eyed Soul, but things happen and I didn't quite think it through. I just wanted to try this one out! There were no issues with the bars that are mixed in, in fact they are extremely eye catching, even in the bottle. One coat was used over Gold Album.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Kaleidoscope Eyes over Blue Eyed Soul

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Close up - Kaleidoscope Eyes over Blue Eyed Soul
Kaleidoscope Eyes is probably one of the tricky ones. The base is clear, with blue and silver hexagon glitters. The glitters seem to have a mind of their own, and don't always want to apply, so it takes some mild manipulation to get them positioned on the nail and not get all clumped together. One coat was used over Blue Eyed Soul.

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Glamorous over Glowstick

Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color
Close up - Glamorous over Glowstick
Glamorous. I have to say, this is my second favorite out of the overlay polishes. It's a clear/yellowish base with fine gold glitter and gold hexagon glitters. I didn't have much of a problem with this one compared to Kaleidoscope Eyes, perhaps it's because of the fine glitter mixed in, I don't really know. But it definitely gets a thumbs up in my book. One coat was used over Glowstick.

Price/Availability: $4.99 / I found this at my local Walgreens, so keep an eye out!

Final Verdict: Overall, besides putting a little bit more effort in with Kaleidoscope Eyes, I love the set. Well worth $4.99. 

Would I Recommend it?: Yes I would.


Disclosure: Products mentioned in this review were purchased by myself. See disclosure page for further details.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...