12 January 2013

Review: Pixi Beauty Lid Last Shadow Pen

In my Eye of the Day I said I would do a review on the "primer" that I've been using on my eyes since October 2012. That happens to be Pixi Beauty's Lid Last Shadow Pen.

As far as I know, Pixi Beauty is sold exclusively in the states at Target (correct me if I'm wrong about this), but you can also purchase the products from their website as well if you don't have a Target near you.

Pixi Beauty - Lid Last Shadow Pens
I first started off by purchasing Peach Pavé (retail: $18.00), this was after I swatched it on the back of my hand and tried to rub it off. It wouldn't budge (SOLD!). After that, a duo set called Good Morning Eyes, came out that contained Shell Sheen and Brun Beam (retail: $12.00).

Something I want to point out is by definition, these are non-creasing eyeshadows. So, you could wear these alone, or do as I do and use these as a "primer" of sorts. 

With these you do need one of those large size sharpeners because they require sharpening, they do not twist up. 

I have used all three of the pens (I reach for Peach Pavé the most), and they all work the same. You have to work quick if you want to blend them because they dry down to a powder-like feel... and then they won't move. 
Swatches

Wearing Peach Pavé, a shimmery peach, I have gone from 8:30am to 11pm, that's the longest I've gone without it creasing on me. It also depends on the quality of eyeshadows being used as well. Even with poor quality eyeshadows, I haven't had any creasing before 5pm, which is when I end my work day.

Shell Sheen, which is pearly white-pink, I tend to use as a highlight by my inner tear duct. It might just be me and my dry skin, but this tends to go on smooth in areas then it'll cake up, and trying to smudge out those caked up areas isn't easy. It could be that it just needs to be warmed up on the back of my hand before applying it, but I did want to mention that. The wear time on it is the same as Peach Pavé.

Brun Beam is a dark taupe brown/bronze, I normally use this on the outer v of my eye, and blend it into either Peach Pavé or Shell Sheen. I have used it all over my eye though when I want a real simple smokey look. The wear time for this is the same as the other two. My only issue with this one is that it can be a little patchy, and a little goes a long way. I do have to say though, out of the three, this one smudges out easier.

I should mention, all three of these colors contain a shimmer or a "glow" to them. They are not matte. I'm not sure if that goes for the other colors that Pixi Beauty offers as well though.

Over all, I absolutely love these pens/crayons. Once I'm done with all three, would I repurchase? Yes!

Disclaimer: Products mentioned in this review were purchased by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...